Skip to main content

For Your Consideration

Awards. There's the well known and the not so well known. In the former category we have the Oscars, the Emmys and the Grammies and their Canadian counterparts the Genies, the Geminis and the Junos, respectively. Just lately Nickelback took home wins in several Juno music categories. Yes I know, the state of affairs in Canadian music makes you want to go out and shoot yourself. I'll keep my nickel, thank you very much so I won't have to ask for it back. But I digress.

Awards. In many cases nominees for major awards make their case for winning an award. This was hilariously demonstrated by Christopher Guest and his ensemble cast in his latest film, For Your Consideration...






Then there are the lesser known awards, awards for which if any campaign is launched it might be to make a case for not winning, such as the Darwin Award...



And one of my favourites, the Not My Job Award...



There's the You're A Horse's Ass Award... and I'm sure we can all think of candidates for this one.


Or for this one...



But there's an even lesser known award out there of which I'm sure many of you weren't aware. It's called the Zucchini Award. And guess what? I won it! Gaze upon the glory it represents. Pretty cool, eh? What did I win it for? Did I invent a cure for cancer? (I wish.) Did I soliloquize smoothly in a cinematic bit part? Did I get it for spelling soliloquize correctly? No, no, no, none of that. This was far more important. I won a caption contest!!! Crotchety Old Man Yells At Cars bestowed this edible honour upon me for captioning this picture...

And the caption? Well I really put my thinking cap on for this one. Are you ready?

Next on Access Hollywood: Sad, sad, very sad. As the stars gather for the Howdy Doody reunion we learn the years have not been kind to Clarabell.

I dare not imagine what the hell this picture really portrays. For now we'll go with Clarabell, who by the way for all you trivia twits out there was first played by Bob Keeshan. Bob went on to become Captain Kangaroo!

You can read Crochety's caption post here. While you're at it wish him a happy fifth anniversay in the blogosphere.

And who knows, if I win any more awards my head might start to swell. Then it could be a case of today the zucchini, tomorrow the biggest pain in the ass award.

Comments

Ed & Jeanne said…
Damn...you deserve that award. Terrific caption...
Da Old Man said…
Oscars ain't nothing. Even dead guys win that.
You won the only award worth winning.
Well, I have to admit that's a pretty damn good caption. Congrats!
Vic said…
Congratulations! That's some lovely zucchini.
Kelly Ann said…
LOL! You deserved it man, that was fab. Cheers! :)
nonamedufus said…
VE: Thanks

DOM: You da man!

Mary: Thanks

Vic: Thanks, I'm thinking of having a garden salad later.

Lady S: You're too kind.
Unknown said…
Well, we all know you totally deserved that award, Dufus... I mean, captioning THAT photo, more than ANY, was a BIG challenge...

I kept having to put eyedrops in, just to even look at the thing. :)
nonamedufus said…
Jenn: Yeah,she/he's a looker!
nonamedufus said…
Jenn: Yeah,she/he's a looker!
Vic said…
Congratulations! That's some lovely zucchini.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies