Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies









Comments

Shawn Ohara said…
It has been a busy week.
I wish somebody would remind me what my passwords are. Can't wait until next Sunday to see what headlines we can generate at #lostmyliverpalooza. (I'm just about ready to head out to the Thousand Islands, so I'll be going dark now until I darken your doorstep.)
I'm pretty much staying in the house today sans armed guard. No fee. :)
nonamedufus said…
Oddly enough though ebola viruses and the whole middle east situation isn't very funny.
nonamedufus said…
I hope you have good weather, Paula. Are you sure you can do 1000 islands in six days?
nonamedufus said…
It's getting that there's fewer and fewer places one can travel to. And who wants to take a plane lately?
Jayne said…
I'm so jealous. Wish I could be there. Raise a glass (or several) for me. :)
Jayne said…
Is Putin just the dumbest fuck ever? Colbert did a great bit on that this week. Another great collection, Duf. What a world.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.