Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies





Comments

A fine selection of funnies today, which obviously means we're going to hell in a handbasket as demonstrated by the grim reaper. Guess we might as well just bring on #Lostmyliverpalooza!
nonamedufus said…
Yikes! Are you kidding?
nonamedufus said…
Absolutely, Paula. By the way, I loved the last one.
Indigo Roth said…
Ah yes, "then don't watch the news". This, I believe, is Wisdom.
nonamedufus said…
Seems to work for me. Although sometimes I flip on the news channel by accident. Damn, has the world gone mad?
!Ha! I thought the joke writer's pleas to Bachmann were doubly funny. And the father calling the Imam for the secret to motivating young 'uns was funny too. Great selection! And hey, I need to play Angry Birds! Forgotten about that game. Lol
nonamedufus said…
Oh, okay then. Right.
nonamedufus said…
I loved that cartoon about the son who wouldn't take out the garbage or mow the lawn. Ha, ha. Reminded me of my kids once upon a time.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.