Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Pedal Like Hell


That's one weird picture, isn't it. I hope no one thinks I'm a pedal-file.

Well, not a lot of captions this week. I guess folks are a little tire-d and took a brake.

Less work for me, though. Fewer submissions to consider.

Let's get to it.


Like a hamster in a wheel, Bob kept peddling but never seemed to get anywhere.



Round, round, round, round I get around!



You should see his car.



And this week's winner is...



When Jarvis was small, his nearsighted career counselor misread a single letter
and changed the course of the kid's life. He wasn't supposed to be The Human Gyro. 
He was perfectly suited to becoming a gyno. Cologist, that is.



Way to go KABLOOEY. You be hangin' with dufus this week! Congratulations, girl. And thanks for that great caption.

Wanna go riding? We've got stables nearby and I can book us a couple of horses. Of course it all depends on if you can you reach the stirrups? Giddy-up.

See everyone next week.

Comments

shawn said…
I had absolutely nothing this week. Tip of the hat to the winner!
Brett Minor said…
I couldn't think of anything. I had a few but thought they were stupid.
Dr Tungusga said…
I dreamt about something like this - a bike that would put you the right way up if you fell. Mine had a chassis that bent in odd ways under computer control, but hey...
nonamedufus said…
That's unusual. We missed you.
nonamedufus said…
Are you kidding? This blog is the epitome of stupid.
nonamedufus said…
You're going to be rich!
Kablooeyquest said…
Wow, thanks, Dufus. Although, I have to say: reading over my entry I see it's kinda wordy. Still, a win's a win. Pretty clever of me to enter when so few of us did; that's how I win those Chinese Auctions too -- I go for the prizes with the fewest tickets.
nonamedufus said…
Hey sometimes long-windedness can be beneficial. Well done.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

Hello Goodbye

Today a bit of a reflective piece. Rather than being funny, this is  about the funny. It's a day of mixed emotion at nonamedufus . You see, after several months of inactivity I've dropped a couple of former blogger buddies off my blog roll. I kept hanging on and hanging on hoping they'd return to active blogging but, alas, after waiting in one case five months I've decided to let them go. I'm going to miss - going to? I have been missing - Margo at the Screaming Me-Me . She was one funny lady. From time to time she and I would engage in a feud or two for several days at a time but it was all in fun both for us and, I think, for our readers. And we'd leave each other funny comments, poking fun at each other. I miss her friendship and our humorous exchanges. The other blogger I'm letting go is Chelle, The Offended Blogger . Chelle was a special lady. In addition to her own blog she created and managed Humor Bloggers Dot Com where humour bloggers like m...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...