Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Periscope Eyes


I think this guy used to be a submarine commander and spent too much time peering through a periscope. He's now afflicted with that submarine captain malady known as periscope eyes. Unfortunately no amount of saying "up periscope" will fix things. Maybe he just needs some V-eye-agra.

Okay, maybe it's just me. The observation, not the picture. Although I do have an eye out for a winner.

Let's see what this week brought us, shall we.



Still better looking than Sarah Jessica Parker



One of the rare but possible dangers of LASIK eye surgery.



All in favour? OK. The "eyes" have it - that is officially gross



Our winner this week is a dear friend who knows a little bit about me and my passions. Woah, woah, woah. Not my passion. That's passions with an "s". Yeah.

The tragic results of Dufus' attempt to follow the golf pro's advice
"keep your eyes on the ball" 
literally.

Ha, ha, Nicky, you've actually been reading my blog and keeping up to date on my adventures in golf land.  Congratulations. You're hangin' with dufus this week. Waddaya say we traipse on over to the optical store and we can make a spectacle of ourselves?

You guys should drop by these folks'  blogs. They're pretty funny people in their own write, right? And visit Nicky's blog We Work for Cheese where she and Mike have just redecorated over there. The new design is absolutely eye catching. Don't worry, though. I'm sure you won't end up like our friend up there.

Comments

Nicky said…
Ah, Pickles! What can I say? It would have been short-sighted of me not to mention your golfing misadventures... thank you, my friend! :-)
nonamedufus said…
Way to go Cheese Chick. I could be corny, huh? But it's not my style.
HumorSmith said…
Don't you mean cornea?
nonamedufus said…
You got it in one.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

Hello Goodbye

Today a bit of a reflective piece. Rather than being funny, this is  about the funny. It's a day of mixed emotion at nonamedufus . You see, after several months of inactivity I've dropped a couple of former blogger buddies off my blog roll. I kept hanging on and hanging on hoping they'd return to active blogging but, alas, after waiting in one case five months I've decided to let them go. I'm going to miss - going to? I have been missing - Margo at the Screaming Me-Me . She was one funny lady. From time to time she and I would engage in a feud or two for several days at a time but it was all in fun both for us and, I think, for our readers. And we'd leave each other funny comments, poking fun at each other. I miss her friendship and our humorous exchanges. The other blogger I'm letting go is Chelle, The Offended Blogger . Chelle was a special lady. In addition to her own blog she created and managed Humor Bloggers Dot Com where humour bloggers like m...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...