Skip to main content

Golfing With Dufus



Went golfing yesterday morning with my son. I say golfing but it's really hitting a golf ball into a huge video screen. It's just not the same as the real thing. But with several feet of snow on the ground here, it's the only option...unless I go golfing with a snow shovel.

So the way it works is you get to choose from a number of courses, ranked in order of difficulty. I think I must have accidentally chosen the most difficult course there was. It was called Devil's Island. The name should have been my first clue. I tell you if this course exists in real life I'm never going there. I came away with a score of 140...my worst game ever.

Maybe I lacked the drive.

After missed shots and mulligans I was feeling pretty green.

To my mind this was not a fair way to play golf.

It was downright rough.

In fact, I was so ticked off being around me was a real hazard.

It was as if I had a chip on my shoulder.

But I refused to lie down.

However, the exertion I put into hitting that damn ball just about gave me a stroke.

Well it gave me ten actually, and that was just the first hole.

But I haven't given up on my golf game. Nope. In fact, I'm going back today.

I wonder if there's a course called Birdie Heaven?


Comments

Brett Minor said…
The upside is, you didn't have to chase your ball down all day...or look for it in the treeline.
nonamedufus said…
No I knew exactly where it was. In the bloody water! But I redeemed myself today. I shot a 104 this morning. I'm never choosing a course with the word "devil" in it ever again.
meleahrebeccah said…
I love all things golf!
nonamedufus said…
Yeah, me too. No matter how bad my game I love it. Only been at it for the last year, so I'm doing okay for a beginner.
Nicky said…
I can't think of a pun to top those. Oh, wait... no, nevermind. You are the master.
nonamedufus said…
Oh, good one. You fell right into my trap. Now I have to pee, gee, eh?
Quirky Loon said…
Well if you would stop pulling out your eyes.. maybe you'd play a better a game! HA! (re: YOUR pause and ponder pic)
nonamedufus said…
hahahaha...Quirks, you're too much. Have I got my eye on you? Putt, of course!
Ziva said…
Don't work too hard, Dufus, too much exercise can leave you feeling pretty handicapped.
nonamedufus said…
I think my problem was with my golf pants. I forgot to iron them.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

Hello Goodbye

Today a bit of a reflective piece. Rather than being funny, this is  about the funny. It's a day of mixed emotion at nonamedufus . You see, after several months of inactivity I've dropped a couple of former blogger buddies off my blog roll. I kept hanging on and hanging on hoping they'd return to active blogging but, alas, after waiting in one case five months I've decided to let them go. I'm going to miss - going to? I have been missing - Margo at the Screaming Me-Me . She was one funny lady. From time to time she and I would engage in a feud or two for several days at a time but it was all in fun both for us and, I think, for our readers. And we'd leave each other funny comments, poking fun at each other. I miss her friendship and our humorous exchanges. The other blogger I'm letting go is Chelle, The Offended Blogger . Chelle was a special lady. In addition to her own blog she created and managed Humor Bloggers Dot Com where humour bloggers like m...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...