Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies















Comments

Oooh. A good batch this week, Mr. Noname :). Being from the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and knowing firsthand how much of a wanker Santorum is, I like that one the best this week.
Nonamedufus said…
In this country our government introduced legislation aimed at providing unfettered internet monitoring activity to the police. It's a huge privacy concern. You may have seen me post a couple of articles about it on Facebook last week.The media and the political cartoonists have been having a field day. Those cartoons are my favourites this week.
Quirky Loon said…
HA! I double chuckled at the humor at your own expense... here is a doofus! hee hee. However, that's where the resemblance ended. hee hee

AND... regarding internet monitoring.

I'm more than okay with it! Why? Maybe I'll get more followers! HA!

Kidding.

I think.
Nonamedufus said…
Ha, ha, more followers. I'll be sure and put in a bad word for you.

Yes, at the risk of tarnishing my reputation - comparing our PM to me - I ran the doofus cartoon. Actually, for me "dufus" is a nom de blog. In his case he really is a bloody doofus.
Dn Kngry said…
Wow, seems like old times... How nice to leave a comment here again although I have no idea what that comment may be. I'll play it safe for now, and simply say, "Have a nice day." God, I hate that comment!
Nonamedufus said…
Wow, a blast from the past. I hope you won't be a stranger, Don. Good to see you around. But, God, you've mellowed.
meleahrebeccah said…
Very, very, very funny, indeed!
Nonamedufus said…
Another good week in the funny papers.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

Hello Goodbye

Today a bit of a reflective piece. Rather than being funny, this is  about the funny. It's a day of mixed emotion at nonamedufus . You see, after several months of inactivity I've dropped a couple of former blogger buddies off my blog roll. I kept hanging on and hanging on hoping they'd return to active blogging but, alas, after waiting in one case five months I've decided to let them go. I'm going to miss - going to? I have been missing - Margo at the Screaming Me-Me . She was one funny lady. From time to time she and I would engage in a feud or two for several days at a time but it was all in fun both for us and, I think, for our readers. And we'd leave each other funny comments, poking fun at each other. I miss her friendship and our humorous exchanges. The other blogger I'm letting go is Chelle, The Offended Blogger . Chelle was a special lady. In addition to her own blog she created and managed Humor Bloggers Dot Com where humour bloggers like m...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...