Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Pedal Ponies

Giddyup guys!

I have no idea where this picture came from or what it purports to represent. But that didn't stop you guys this week from trotting out some great captions...



Alberto Contador will not eat tainted meat at this year's Tour de France. 
He will ride it.
Raymond



I guess this is what they call the Pony Express.



Am I the only one to notice that they don"t seem to be peddling, but thrusting instead?
It's why you need a trojan for your horse.
Vaguemax


And in a rare case of art reflecting reality our winner crossed the finish line with...



I think you can expect the captions to be kind of Spartan this time around.

Way to go, Mike. You be hangin' with dufus this week. Speaking of Spartans, maybe we could go see the 7th place Senators this weekend. They're playing Boston. That'd be much better than watching the basement-dwelling Montreal Canadiens don't you think?

Thanks to everyone for playing. See you all next week.


Comments

Shawn said…
Mike hit the nail on the head and deservedly won. I was only able to come up with a literary reference.
Nonamedufus said…
I'm very impressed, Shawn. However, the obscure D.H. Lawrence literary reference contest is Tuesdays.
Quirky Loon said…
HA! LOL!

And congrats to Mike!
Nonamedufus said…
Oh, Mike stole this victory from the others. You might say he's the king of thebes.
Mike said…
Woohoo!

Since CheesyNicky won last week, could this be the beginning of a We Work For Cheese Dynasty?
Shawn said…
I thought perhaps I made too obscure a reference. But it made me chuckle.
Tuesdays you say?
Nonamedufus said…
Too obscure? Christ, I had to Google it! Don't tell anyone, okay?
Nonamedufus said…
Gouda on ya Mike! You know "cheese dynasty" sounds a little like an intestinal problem.
Kablooey said…
It's Mike for the win! Thanks, Mike. I won big money; my bookie liked the condom answer, so I got great odds.
Ziva said…
Yay for Mike! He was definitely not horsing around when he came up with that caption.
Nonamedufus said…
Yep, I goes you could say Mike was able to rise to the occasion.
Nonamedufus said…
No, I think he was very "stable" throughout all of this.
Nonamedufus said…
"I 'guess' you could say" Damn auto-correct.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

Hello Goodbye

Today a bit of a reflective piece. Rather than being funny, this is  about the funny. It's a day of mixed emotion at nonamedufus . You see, after several months of inactivity I've dropped a couple of former blogger buddies off my blog roll. I kept hanging on and hanging on hoping they'd return to active blogging but, alas, after waiting in one case five months I've decided to let them go. I'm going to miss - going to? I have been missing - Margo at the Screaming Me-Me . She was one funny lady. From time to time she and I would engage in a feud or two for several days at a time but it was all in fun both for us and, I think, for our readers. And we'd leave each other funny comments, poking fun at each other. I miss her friendship and our humorous exchanges. The other blogger I'm letting go is Chelle, The Offended Blogger . Chelle was a special lady. In addition to her own blog she created and managed Humor Bloggers Dot Com where humour bloggers like m...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...