Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies












Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes ! The Insane Gas Prices ! ... There are no campaign signs yet in my area - surprising !

It seems they're waiting for better weather ! LOL
nonamedufus said…
Jaffer: We have fewer lawn signs where we are too. But gas prices keep going up. Used to be elections were a hard time to pt your house up for sale because everyone else had lawn signs too.
Anonymous said…
Another great set of funnies!

Poor Obama. Ack what am I saying? Every president gets roasted.

All the time.

Soooo it's situation normal all funnied up!

hee hee
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: If there's one thing our election here has proven it's Canada has a snafu. But here it means something else.
00dozo said…
It took me a moment to get the "GE" one. But oh, so true.

I'm guessing you're starting to go batshit crazy with all the campaign ads. These were hilarious, particularly the 'hairdresser' toon. As election day approaches, I'm sure it will get worse (funnier?).
;-)
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: I find I miss a lot of the ads by watching American TV. The editorial cartoons about the election keep me laughing. Thank goodness for that.
meleah rebeccah said…
Once again, you crack me up, Dufus. But I can't handle how the gas prices keep going up.
nonamedufus said…
KABLOOEY: I missed that. I think it should read "doctrine". But the funny part is you had to have seen the talking baby video earlier this week. It was so hilarious. That's the context for this cartoon.
nonamedufus said…
meleah rebeccah: Yeah there's nothing funny about that. $60 to fill up last week here. Sheesh.
Nicky said…
It's sad when I look at that cartoon advertising $1.29 for gas and instead of laughing, I think "What a bargain!". It was up to $1.38 here this week.
Anonymous said…
I'm sorry, but I'm stuck on one of your comments.

You watch American TV? The hell? ;)
nonamedufus said…
Nicky: I was up to Montreal last week. Time for another smoked meat at Schwartz's and a stroll down St. Denis. The gas prices are always higher there.
nonamedufus said…
Unfinished...: Are you kidding? It's a 5,000 channel universe and 4,997 of them are American!
00dozo said…
It took me a moment to get the "GE" one. But oh, so true.

I'm guessing you're starting to go batshit crazy with all the campaign ads. These were hilarious, particularly the 'hairdresser' toon. As election day approaches, I'm sure it will get worse (funnier?).
;-)

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.