Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies









Comments

Anonymous said…
You crazy Canadians. Thank God for you. Otherwise, we'd have no political humor at all...oh, wait. ;)
nonamedufus said…
U.P.: Go with your first thought. Thanks.
K A B L O O E Y said…
Last one made me spit my coffee. Great round-up.
nonamedufus said…
KABLOOEY: I hope you didn't get any on your keyboard.
00dozo said…
I like the Trump ones, particularly the "Fired" toon. If only he could make it so.
;-)
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: It could happen. He did get rid of Dionne Warwick!
00dozo said…
Re: Dionne

Yeah, so did her "psychic" - advising her to drop the second "n" in her name (It was supposed to help her, yet it killed her career).

I forgot to mention, the "Kill me now" toon was just, well, too on the nose. Funny, though!
Janna said…
If Google does ever take over the world, I hope they provide free high-speed Internet for everyone.

It's gotta be better than dial-up.
nonamedufus said…
00dozo:Just when we thought Dionne was gone she was there at the top of tonight's sow as they replayed her getting fired.

I loved the "kill me now" one too.
nonamedufus said…
Janna: That sucks. You gotta get with the times.
Anonymous said…
Finally somebody else gets what I have always known.

Queen Google.

She rules!

Great funnies Sir!
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: Google's out to dominate the interwebs and is duh, WINNING.
meleah rebeccah said…
The Donald Trump comic is tooooo funny!
nonamedufus said…
meleah rebeccah: His hair should be fired...or his hairdresser.
Canadian Blend said…
Harper must be up to something big. I've actually seen him on American TV twice this past week... which is a lot for any foreign leader that's not sitting on a boatload of oil.
nonamedufus said…
Cdn Blend: Don't say "big". Sounds too much like a majority.
nonamedufus said…
00dozo:Just when we thought Dionne was gone she was there at the top of tonight's sow as they replayed her getting fired.

I loved the "kill me now" one too.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.