Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies








Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, the humility, the humanity...now not even Santa's safer from bell jingling??

Nice round of Sunday Funnies :)
As always, a perfect way to start a Sunday morning...

...except you have to quit having those downers of a "funny." This week's: McCain. That's just downright sad :(.
00dozo said…
A great lineup! I almost spewed coffee with the Santa frisk.

And the banana peel - Leslie is surely grinning at that one!

;-)
HJ Smith said…
That's a great group of comics. Thanks for the laugh.
Anonymous said…
You never fail to give us good laughs on Sundays Mr. Nome!

I particularly spewed my DDP at Wikipeeks.

But dang, won't that REALLY happen.

I forsee a huge rise in travel by trains in the near future. And if you have to go oversees? Ships and possible pirates don't seem so bad anymore.
Anonymous said…
Santa meets Julian Assange! Priceless! - G
nonamedufus said…
nips: You fly? They'll pry.
nonamedufus said…
UR: Hey, what can I say. Someone else draws them. I just post them.
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: The 'jingle my bells" one was a hoot.
nonamedufus said…
HJ Smith: See you next Sunday. Same time, same blog.
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: I think the terrorists have won.
nonamedufus said…
G: Pretty easy to know if he's been naughty or nice.
Chris said…
Loved the Leslie Nielsen one . . . and I think he'd have appreciated it. He was a comic genius.
nonamedufus said…
Chris: ...and Canadian! His brother was in federal politics. I met them both in the early 80s at a Press Gallery Party. It was late in the evening and Leslie was waking around sounding a little fart machine in his hand and he and his brother were both in stitches over how people reacted.
nonamedufus said…
Boom Boom: The guy started out as a serious actor but never experienced more success than as a comedic actor. I loved Airplane and the Naked Gun series.
As always, a perfect way to start a Sunday morning...

...except you have to quit having those downers of a "funny." This week's: McCain. That's just downright sad :(.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.