Skip to main content

Pause, Ponder and Pun


Athletes are a special breed. Like this guy.
I knew soccer players had leather balls but I didn't expect a demonstration!
Are you a winner?
Be a player.
The goal is to leave us your best caption.
Are you game?
We'll field all comers.
Try and kick it up a notch.
We'll score the winner Saturday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mmmmmm Aaaaaa Zzzzzz Dddddd Aaaaaa

Mazda dance.

Ah we can dance if we want to, we can leave those cars behind
Cause your cars don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're are no cars of mine!
Anonymous said…
David Beckham has nothing on me. Well, maybe Posh!
Nooter said…
big gay al and his self-wedgification were always a hit with the crowd
Donnie said…
I'm a spectator this week. Should be fun. If I don't have something come to me instantly, there's no hope...
renalfailure said…
That is NOT how we greet the Queen, Richard.
TheWordWire said…
"Hey, I got your World Cup right here."
Anonymous said…
Lady Gaga,...
Sans makeup.
David said…
I think the expression on his face tells the whole story of this event.
Skye said…
I'm with Quirky on the dance part, only I think he's doing the "pee-pee" dance not Mazda dance...lol.

So saying, my caption is "Just a few more minutes and you can let fly!"

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.