Skip to main content

I'm Hangin' With A Bunch Of Clowns

My friends are a bunch of clowns. My blogging, virtual friends, that is. My blog roll was getting to be longer than the face of a last-place race horse, taking up too much space on the right sidebar. So I decided to create a separate page for my favourite bloggers. Why clowns? Because they are - in a good way. I've long been fascinated by clowns, going back to Charlie Chaplin's The Tramp, Emmet Kelly, Red Skelton, Howdy Doody's Clarabell (pictured above) and even Crusty from the Simpsons. And I grew up as a kid watching Kiddo the Clown as a tyke in Toronto. So to refer to my blogging buddies as clowns is appropriate and complimentary.

On Bunch of Clowns, accessible by clicking on the clown picture in the right side bar, you'll be able to access all my favourites and there's a direct link to HumorBloggersDotCom, the mother house of all that's funny on the interwebz. In keeping with the a "circus" theme, I've called the HBDC links The Big Top.

A Little Song A Little Dance groups the blogs I visit, if not daily, several times a week. These guys are the creme de la creme of humour bloggers, and always make me laugh. You've probably seen many of their names around because they also include my top commenters.

A Little Seltzer Down Your Pants lists the blogs I try to visit on a regular basis, but probably less frequently than the others. Hey, a guy can only do so much! Some times real life gets in the way, you know! I guess you could call these guys the creme de la rest of them.

Take a walk through my links and visit some of these folks. They're funny people. You won't be disappointed.

BTW, A Little Song A Little Dance A Little Seltzer Down Your Pants was the philosophy of the fictional Chuckles the Clown from the Mary Tyler Moore show and the episode "Chuckles Bites the Dust", often referred to as the funniest half-hour on television.

And drop back to see who's new. The list expands every now and then. This past week. for example, I added 3 very funny blogs: Writes Phillipia, Wasted Space and Soggy Doggy Bloggy.

In the meantime, did you hear the one about:

Two cannibals were eating a clown when one turns to the other and says, "Does this taste funny to you?"

****

Hey! Today's the last day to enter the caption contest. Winner announced tomorrow.

Comments

Thanks for the lists of funny people... I look forward to making my blog list longer!
Thanks for including me on your blogroll and as for the Mary Tyler Moore episode, it is one of my favorites. Thanks for reminding me of it.
Canadian Blend said…
I remember Chuckles the Clown. Not so much the episode itself (though I'm old enough) but the fact it's considered a classic.

The funniest TV show I can recall -- one I DVRd and have watched over and over -- is the "Hole in One" episode of "According to Jim." (Jim has a low-sperm-count issue. And he gets a hole in one on the golf course. Saying any more might ruin the surprises.)
nonamedufus said…
CatLady: You won't be disappointed. There's something in there for everyone!

Unfinished Rambler: No prob. You're right up there.

Canadian Blend: I don't think I saw that "Jim" episode although I used to watch the show regularly. Funny thing - critics hated that show but viewers seemed to love it.
Anonymous said…
That's a really cool idea for a blogroll!
Donnie said…
Nicely done. I'll go check out your lists shortly. Clowns huh? They always weird me out. Although Willard Scott as Clarabell (before Ronald McD) and Red Skelton were two funny ones to me.
Unknown said…
Thank you oh so much for the shout out and adding me to your blog roll! You are the best ;)
nonamedufus said…
ThinkinFyou: Yeah it adds a little fun to keeping track of my faves.

Don: Willard Scott was still a clown when he did the Today Show weather.

dizzblnd: Hey, no problem. I thought all of my 3 readers should know about you!
There are three funny clowns: Flunky the Clown, Homey the Clown and Red Skelton. As far as your clown list goes, I'm not going to look at it, because I'm never on anybody's clown list and it makes me sad. And there's nothing scarier than a sad clown. Especially if he's armed. Even more so if he knows where you live, nonamedufus! Just kidding. No, you're not. Yes, I am, I am kidding! Shut up! No, you shut up, I like nonamedufus!
nonamedufus said…
mike: Wow, man, that's the most creative pitch to get on a blog roll I've ever seen. Consider it done! (Now will you please put the gun away?)
John J Savo said…
Man, clowns freak me out. Does that now mean that I freak myself out?
nonamedufus said…
John: Aw, quit clowning around.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies