Skip to main content

Well That's Another Fine Mess You've Gotten Us Into

Hi.

Nice party.

Yeah, it seems very nice.

Are you a friend of the bride or the groom?

Actually I am the groom.

Oh my. Really?

Yes, really. I'm Bob. Bob Broglio.

Well that's a unique name Bob.

What? Bob?

No, no your last name Broglio.

No I'm Broglio.

Ha, ha. Good one.

Gets them every time.

Gets who?

Me. I always get in trouble over that one.

Oh, how so?

It's kind of a high class Laurel and Hardy routine, you know? Girls find me witty and charming when I play with my last name.

I'd say you were playing with more than that.

What do you mean?

The bride. She's very pregnant.

Yes it's quite a predicament.

Well I hope you and Mrs Broglio and your little Broglio will be very happy.

We're going to name him Imp.

Imp?

Yes. Imp Broglio.

Perfect.

Well that wasn't too hard was it. The prompt was imbroglio/predicament from the guys at Studio30+ this week.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.