Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies











Comments

Indigo Roth said…
Heh, a cracking selection today Dufus! Tho I still say America is writing its own material of late. But Brazil? I knew about YOUR interest in "Brazilians", but shame on the rest of the nation. Indigo =)
Congratulations to Alice Munro! Making Canadians proud!
nonamedufus said…
Indigo, the rest of the nation is just coming around to my way of thinking.
nonamedufus said…
Indeed, Paula and not a lot of women have won this award. Good on her.
Debra She Who Seeks said…
Ha ha, the Republican trick or treater is right on!
nonamedufus said…
I think that's my favourite one this week.
Screaming Me-Me said…
After paying the ransom, we managed to re-open the Grand Canyon and the Statue of Liberty!
nonamedufus said…
So I heard. The shutdown's given cartoonists a lot of fodder this week.
Cheryl said…
I like the padlocked gate. Sadly even the country is split on whose fault this whole thing is. Love the Munro cartoons. What an honor for Canada and women everywhere. Try to remember her accomplishments when your sports teams are having a rough time. Maybe it'll help ease the pain.
nonamedufus said…
That would be today. While my fantasy QB Aaron Rodgers is winning in real life he's not doing me any favours in terms of fantasy points. You win some you lose some.
Nicky said…
Spying Canadians? Will wonders never CSIS?


Funny as always, mon ami. Especially the one about the Leafs. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.