Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies














Comments

Indigo Roth said…
Hey Dufus! Another funny old week, it seems. But good news: you're not American. Roth
nonamedufus said…
Things aren't much better in Canada, this week, Indigo. Can't seem to trust politicians on any level - municipal, provincial or federal.
Bryan G. said…
I LOLed, literally, at the first Michele Bachmann one. Off to have my moment of silence...after I listen to more Johnny Cash (listening to American Recordings right now).
nonamedufus said…
I take it she was Sarah Palin's political sister? As in a wacko? I have all the American Recordings volumes. Great collection. Must say I never heard of the Cash album you were talking about on Facebook. I'm always learning something new from you.
Bryan G. said…
We had it on 33 1/3 (remember that? :) when I was a kid. Some truly awful stuff my parents had too in their collection, but this was one of the gems, along with Hank Williams and Frank Sinatra.
nonamedufus said…
Remember that? I've still got a lot of LPs in the basement but I'm too lazy to listen to them. You have to get up every 15 minutes to flip them over. When I listen to CDs I plop five in the changer and the music lasts half a day.
meleahrebeccah said…
Hilarious! As always!
nonamedufus said…
On one level yet sad on another.
nonamedufus said…
I think Duffy and Ford are like the gruesome twosome. They should both resign.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.