Skip to main content

Excuses, Excuses


"Sorry, noname, but I tried really, really hard."

What's this? The guy with an award for the best 2012 draft in the Humor Bloggers Fantasy Footbal League LOSES in Week 1?

What's this? The guy with Green Bay's Aaron Rogers, the top ranked QB in the NFL (open for discussion), and who may have lost his game Sunday but nevertheless gave me 30 fantasy points LOSES in Week 1?

Well, um, yeah. Those questions were kind of rhetorical, eh?

I maintain it's Unfinished Person's fault. You see, Yahoo Sports got rid of their chat feature. So five of us followed UP around half the day Sunday from one chat room to another, downloading AIM-AOL chat (which didn't work), group chatting on Facebook, then at half time downloading and chatting on Yahoo Messenger. This whole incident of trying to find each other in various chat rooms was almost as entertaining as watching the football games. Well, it would have been if I'd been watching football games instead of chasing everyone all over the interwebs.

Sound lame? Okay well here are a few other excuses.

To my fellow Week 1 losers feel free to use one of them...


Comments

Nicky said…
You could also blame Jepeto. That's what I do.
meleahrebeccah said…
Ahahahahahahah @ Nicky!

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.