Skip to main content

This Poem's A Bit Of A Stretch

When my wife is really tired
She likes to bitch and kvetch
Then she'll take a big, deep breath
And her arms and legs she'll stretch.


Me? I may be at a baseball game
In the middle of the 7th inning
I sing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game"
No matter who is winning


Or it may be while I'm driving
I'll give the wheel a tug
And pull over to the road side
And stretch, there in my Bug.


I'm not the only one who does this
It's done by cats and dogs
You may be surprised to learn
It's even done by frogs.


But there's one kind of stretching
That I think is simply wrong
It makes me think I'd hate to be
The latest version of Stretch Armstrong.


Well, if you haven't guessed by now, the prompt was "stretch" over at Theme Thursday this week. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your, ahem, "wife" looks like she's got a back breaking job. Yikes! - G
Great poem, NoName. And may I say that your wife is lovely. And flexible. Very flexible. Unusually flexible. Attractively flexible.

Sorry, I got a little distracted. Women who can rest their calves on their shoulders do that to me.
nonamedufus said…
G: Yes, but I'm more than happy to massage my, ahem, "wife's" aches and pains away.
nonamedufus said…
Mike: Oh, it was her flexibility I fell in love with. Me, I can't even touch my toe to my nose.
Donnie said…
Now that's a real stretch!
nonamedufus said…
Don: Not sure I'd want to be Mr. Armstrong right about now.
Anonymous said…
Now the VW stretch is a stretch vehicle that is NOT annoying.

My biggest stretch Peeve? The Stretch Hummer.

Talk about overkill!

I think you stretched some creativity muscles with this post! Good job!
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: Yeah, like the Hummer wasn't big enough already?

You know what I forgot. How happy I am some days for stretch pants!
00dozo said…
You really took the Theme for a real stretch, and then some. (I'm still giggling at Armstrong).
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: Ah, hahaha, yes I did. Yeah, you know it took me a minute to realize what was happening in that Armstrong pic when I first saw it. And then...ewww.
Chris said…
Nice work. But Stretch Armstrong is in serious trouble.
nonamedufus said…
Chris: I think he can give up hope on ever having children.
wineonlips said…
Ha! This is priceless:)))
nonamedufus said…
wineonlips: My work here is done.
Whoa! That Stretch Armstrong is really hung! Who knew?
nonamedufus said…
CL:I think he's more tugged than hung. I guess now we know why they call him "Stretch".

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.