Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Pun


Well, we've recovered from our celebrations from last week marking the 50th anniversary of our little caption contest and we're all set to carry on.

Here's this week's pic. Let's see you wrestle with a caption.

See you Saturday with our winners.

Comments

Moooooog35 said…
The race was too close to call when, suddenly and without warning, Kato ate his horse.
00dozo said…
As a demonstration sport for the 2016 Olympics, here we see the new combined event of steeplechase for sushi.
renalfailure said…
Nakamura prepares to activate his wasabi-powered nitro booster. Seven horses and their jockeys will die instantly.
Anonymous said…
Samurai Air Polo...Hai-Ya!
Donnie said…
If I can't out run them, then I'll gas them!
Unknown said…
FAAAALLLLCCOOOOOOOOO......
Unknown said…
Professional racing horse - $38,000
Hiring ninjas to assassinate original jockey - $12,000
Articulate schematics for optimal physics - $85
Large bowl of spicy udon noodles - $8.99

Watching the result after weeks of preparation just to see E. Honda fart on a horse ---------- priceless
Tgoette said…
The horses drew straws for which jockey they got to have. Today just wasn't #14 Storm Chaser's day.
00dozo said…
"And it's Igor in the lead, with Julia a close second, followed by ... Oh, wait! Karl has veered way westward and has taken himself out of the race! Oh, race fans what a day it has been in the Hurricane Triple Crown!"

(yeah, yeah ...I'm obsessed.)
Somewhere, there's a 90 pound guy preparing to wrestle someone four times his size.
K A B L O O E Y said…
When the Oshima stable recruited the dim-witted, yet enthusiastic new sumo trainee, it didn't occur to the hefty lad that he'd wandered into the wrong type of stable. Poor Akinori is about to massively lose face when he discovers his mistake.
Ziva said…
With the economy and job market as it is, Hiroto had to take the first available job he could find. Coincidentally, later that day horse # 14 realized that being unemployed wasn't all that bad after all.
Todd Graham said…
The Olympic Organizing Committee has approved Thoroughbred-Sumo racing for the London Olympics

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.