Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies

Comments

Perhaps Obama should have set McChrystal and Tony LightCrude afloat together in a very small raft in the Gulf of Mexico.
nonamedufus said…
Boom-Boom: Tony LightCrude. I love it! You may have something there.
Donnie said…
While under Bush Gen. Petraeus was criticized and ostracized by every democrat in government, including Obama. Now? Oy vey! Obama picks him to succeed McChrystal and he's suddenly wonderful!
nonamedufus said…
Don: I guess you could say time wounds all heels.
Anonymous said…
General Stan was smart....great exit strategy...."can't hang that policy and military disaster on me, dude."

His pension is protected and he will soon be a senior analyst on FOX...

-Steve Brown
Anonymous said…
Great funnies, especially the Toy Story/Oil spill one.

That's my fave this week. Although the butt stamp on on McChrystal's butt is good one too.

Still makes me snort. A lot.
nonamedufus said…
Steve: A-ha! Life will imitate art...or at least a political cartoon.
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: I loved the Toy Story one, too. "To infinity..."
Leeuna said…
Love the comics this week. LOL at McChrystal with his foot in his mouth.
nonamedufus said…
Leeuna: I'm surprised the cartoonist didn't depict him with both feet in his mouth!

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.