Skip to main content

I'll Be Seeing You


Our picture elicited (ohhh, big word) plenty of captions this week. I tell ya, the quality of people's comments just get better and better.


For example...

Jeremy from We Took The Bait saw his way clear to offer:

On a very special episode of Family Matters, Laura and Karl confront Steve Urkel about his excessive use of crystal meth.

My sparring partner from earlier this week Me-Me King, who runs one of these weekly caption contests herself, showed she wasn't only a good teacher but a great pupil (get it? get it?) with:

Jiminy was pissed when the other kids nicknamed him Cricket.

And it wouldn't be a Moooooog caption contest without a caption from Moooooog. He stopped just before he went blind with:

Where Chinese animators get their inspiration.

But our winner this week is Jim, from over on my FaceBook page. He made a spectacle of himself with:

Good God these underwear must be three sizes too small.


Way to go, bro. Oops, the cat's out of the bag. In the interests of full disclosure, Jim's my brother. He recently celebrated his birthday and this way I don't have to buy him a present! Instead he gets to be exposed on my blog! Happy Birthday, Jim. Now go put some clothes on.


Comments

Me-Me King said…
Ah-ha-ha-ha, way to go Jim! Have a happy birthday!

Thanks for the shout-out, Dufus.
That's just how MY eyes look when my underwear is too tight!

There's nothing like exposing our families on our blogs... revenge after all those years! Happy Birthday to Jim!
Donnie said…
Way to go Jim! My dad always used to say, "If you can't say anything nice about somebody, then say nothing at all." Okay dad, sure. That guy in the glasses is a total freakazoid!
nonamedufus said…
Me-Me: This sure was Me-Me week in Dufus land.
nonamedufus said…
Cat Lady: Too much information, CL.
nonamedufus said…
Don: So, I take it you're saying nothing at all. (Sounds like a song from Air Supply)
Anonymous said…
Clever Jim!

Congrats!

Those eyes freaked me out. So let's move on to the next image please! hee hee hee
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: Yeah, keep an eye out for next week's contest. (yuk, yuk)
Unknown said…
That was a great picture! Happy birthday to your brother and what a way to celebrate it, with a cool win from his brother.
nonamedufus said…
ettarose: Thanks, ettarose. You take care and here's wishing good health and peace of mind to you and your hubs as Christmas approaches.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.