Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies

Man, Obama just can't get a break!


It was an interesting week for news. Canada's Prime Minister visited the President in Washington. And "civility" made headlines, thanks largely to Serena Williams, Joe Wilson and Kanye West not knowing what it was. Finally, with the release of remastered CD box sets and video games, boomers were getting their Beatle freak on.




Comments

I'd say something nice, but since civility is taking a vacation this week...
Anonymous said…
Great Sunday funnies! My particular faves? The Kanye Jackass bling and the Beatles haircut dis!

Love it.

You are a humor force to be reckoned with Noname!

*bowing*

*smile*
Unknown said…
I loved the bling from Obama. He showed the world he is stupid enough to wear it too.
nonamedufus said…
CatLady: You're #%&?@#* right!

Quirks: Quirk, I'm your father. May the force be with you.

ettarose: I feel sorry for the guy. Like the picture on top of the post, he's gettin' blamed for everything.
Quirkyloon said…
Great Sunday funnies! My particular faves? The Kanye Jackass bling and the Beatles haircut dis!

Love it.

You are a humor force to be reckoned with Noname!

*bowing*

*smile*
nonamedufus said…
CatLady: You're #%&?@#* right!

Quirks: Quirk, I'm your father. May the force be with you.

ettarose: I feel sorry for the guy. Like the picture on top of the post, he's gettin' blamed for everything.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.