Skip to main content

Pause, Ponder and Pun


For every bear that ever there was
Will gather there for certain, because
Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.

Or maybe not. It all depends on your caption this week. What do you think? Leave me a comment and we'll see over which caption we can grin and bear it Saturday.

Comments

Moooooog35 said…
Jimmy had no idea that Eskimos could be so filling.
Anonymous said…
"Upset stomach, diarrhea!" sang the spent bear.
Skye said…
Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day!

Anyway, my caption for this pic will have to be:

"Now son, how many times have I told you that if you lay like that for too long, eventually you'll stay that way forever!?! Does the term 'bear-skin rug' not mean ANYTHING to you? Really!"
Skye said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skye said…
Sorry about that, for some reason my post came up twice, had to delete the one entry.
"I call the couch for 'da Bears game! Somebody get me an ice-cold Moosehead, would ya?"
ReformingGeek said…
"Man, I could go for a coke in this heat! Damn that Al Gore and his freakin' warming."
Once again, Charlie wallows in self-pity, wondering why Donna prefers sniffing his older brother's rectum over his own.
renalfailure said…
If you're lucky you'll catch the bipolar bear on a depressive swing, allowing for an easy escape.
Moooooog35 said…
Actually, Bill really didn't feel like doing ANYTHING for a Klondike Bar.
Dreamhaven said…
Honey, you've got to see this.But first,get me a beer.
Anonymous said…
Meet the RC Cola Bears,
The lesser known trio of Coca-Cola Bears.
lotgk said…
Meet the RC Cola Bears,
The lesser known trio of Coca-Cola Bears.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.