Skip to main content

You Make Lovin' Fun


This week's "70s Saturday" showcases a group that owned the 70s - Fleetwood Mac. Originally a struggling British blues group experiencing moderate success, this incarnation with former duo Buckingham/Nicks (Lindsey and Stevie) took off into the stratosphere.

So many Fleetwood Mac songs feature Stevie Nicks on vocals but You Make Lovin' Fun features the other woman of the group, Christine McVie. She also wrote the song which was the fourth single issued from 1977's immensely popular album Rumours.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I loved that album, it was one of my very first and I felt SO grown up that i actually owned a record that wasn't consistently played only on AM radio --- 5 years later i discovered metal - but that's another story.

I always loved Christine McVies voice.

Lately I'm been listening to Find your way back, Starship....incredible voice
nonamedufus said…
surveygirl46: I actually enjoyed FM before Lindsey/Buckingham. Kiln House was excellent.
Surveygirl46 said…
I loved that album, it was one of my very first and I felt SO grown up that i actually owned a record that wasn't consistently played only on AM radio --- 5 years later i discovered metal - but that's another story.

I always loved Christine McVies voice.

Lately I'm been listening to Find your way back, Starship....incredible voice

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.