Skip to main content

Pain Management

Hey there. How you doing? I'm back. Feeling a little better but I still have that sensation of being overmedicated...kinda dopey - watch it with the smart-alec comments you guys, you'd probably say "so what else is new?"


Had my appointment with my family doctor, Dr. Granger, today. He's really a helpful, gentle man. He's got some ideas on managing pain that he wants me to raise with Dr. Ansti and then follow up with him next week. That would really be great. Unfortunately, pain is a big part of what I'm going through and if there's something we can do to control it that would be great.


The after effects of last week's chemo kinda blew off the weekend. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go to Montreal with Philippe and Maryse and see Philippe's apartment. I spent most of Saturday and Sunday either in bed or on the couch.



The upside is I'm getting a lot of reading done. I finished The Knights of the Black and White. It was good - an easy, uncomplicated read that held my attention. Interestingly enough the author, Jack Whyte is a Scotish fella who now lives in Kelowna. (How about that Jean-Marc?!)


And I"ve been listening to a lot of music. Last Friday, before post-chemo started to bring me down, I ventured out to CD Warehouse and stocked up:



Easy Tiger by Ryan Adams
The Salvation Blues by Mark Olson (founding member of The Jayhawks)
Wincing the Night Away by The Shins
The Best of Spyro Gyra (sorry, got caught in an 80s moment)
White Moth by Xavier Rudd



So on the horizon is my appointment with Dr. Ansti of the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit next Tuesday, then back to see Dr. Granger on Thursday. It should be an interesting week.

Book: Lisey's Story by Stephen King
Music: Last of the Breed by Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard & Ray Price

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies