Skip to main content

EE-I-EE-I-OH!




Betty and Barb were quite pleased with themselves. After three years of Agriculture College they were ready to put their studies to the test. Who said blondes weren't smart.

They first applied to a pineapple farm but thought the work was too prickly.

Then they tried working on a vineyard but quit expressing sour grapes.

Two openings were found on a vegetable farm but after a while they felt they'd bean there done that.

They then went to work on a banana plantation but soon felt it didn't have enough appeal.

They got really excited when they learned of jobs on a fig farm but then got disappointed they couldn't get any dates.

They placed ads for a job harvesting corn but their pleas fell on deaf ears.

Then Barb told Betty of jobs she'd come across that she was sure they'd succeed at. Betty wasn't so sure.

"These jobs are tailor made for us" she said. There's a couple of sweet openings on a sugar beet farm."

"What makes you think we'll last in these jobs?" inquired Betty.

"Because it's an all girl work force" replied Barb. "They're looking for people to work in their chicanery."


I'm back.  This week's prompt from Studio30+ is fraud/chicanery - much like this post. But I mean that in the nicest way. Click on the link and see what others came up with this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.