Skip to main content

A Case of Mistaken Identity



Two Jamaicans meet on the street and recognize each other. They fall into a little discussion.

#1: "Ya, mawn good to see you derr my friend."

#2: "Ya, mawn me too, derr. How ya been doin' mawn?"

#1: "It is what it is, mawn. Ya know? Been doin' not much. How 'bout you?"

#2 "Life be good ya know mawn? I been doin' not much neither my friend."

#1: "That be the life, mawn. You know?'

#2: "Oh, I know, my mawn. I know."

#1: "Say nice dreads my mawn. How long it take ya to grow dem?"

#2: "Oh, deese? About five years, mawn, yeah. But look at yours, dey be much longer dan mine, man. Ya might even say dey be more dreadful dan mine mawn."

#1: "Yeah, me mawn it take about seven years for deese dreads ."

#2: "Hey mawn ya got any ghanja? I been needin' me a good hit for some time now."

#1: "Ya know I do mawn. And I always got a bit to share with a brother. Let's just go around the corner here where I can roll us a nice spliff."

#2: "We be nefarious my brother. We be righteously nefarious."

#1: "Hold up mawn. We be what?

#2: "Nefarious, mawn. Nefarious."

#1: "I don't know who raised you mawn but we be no nefarious." (inhales deeply)

#2 : "Who we be den mawn?"

#1: "Why we be Rastafarians you idiot!"



Well the prompt from the gals at Studio30+ this week was nefarious/evil. See just how evil the other participants were by clicking on the link in the previous sentence.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.