Skip to main content

Don't Walk This Way


Thump-bubba-thump bubba-thump-da-bump
Here's something new
Never done this for you
or me it's all about a rap
Though I'd just as soon take a nap

Thump-bubba-thump bubba-thump-da-bump
I'll wake you up when I'm said and done
Might just as well point a gun
at me no that's not right
Can't force me to do this without a fight

Thump-bubba-thump bubba-thump-da-bump
Now we're almost at the last verse
Made it through without a curse
being made upon little old me
For rapping like a homie don't you see

that Thump-bubba-thump bubba-thump-ad-bump
Is just the thing for Drake, Kanye or the Bieb
But I'm no fan it's certainly not for me
I'm not greedy, needy or rapacious
This rapping thing's hellacious.

Those smarty-pants folks over at Studio30+ came up with rapacious/greedy as the prompt this week. I don't know why but I went in a whole different direction this time and I think you get a sense of how I feel about rap. But who knew I could write it. Maybe there's a whole new career direction for me. Thump-Bubba-Thump my homies!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.