Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies




















Comments

The first six this week...oh, my...I don't know if I have the words. No, I don't have the words.


I think the Pope has made some good steps forward, but I'm still glad that we've switched to becoming Episcopalians. The "Church" still has a long way to go.
nonamedufus said…
It was a sad and confusing week in Canada, Bryan. My thoughts can be found here... http://nonamedufus.blogspot.ca/2014/10/the-end-of-innocence.html


I'd say this Pope is the most progressive one the Catholic church has ever seen. I'm a lapsed Catholic and I agree the Church still has a long way to go.
Not a good week.... still thinking about the Cirillo family.
Indigo Roth said…
Some corkers this week John. Sad times, of course. Indigo
jannaverse said…
Favorite #1: Political ads kill ebola. If only that was true!
Favorite #2: Sadly, the one about how shootings are so commonplace here in the States. "Here, we call that a Wednesday."
nonamedufus said…
No, not a good week at all.
nonamedufus said…
Some really funny ones, Indigo and some very tragic ones too.
nonamedufus said…
Your ebola pick was quite funny. and "if only". The ones about the shootings were very sad, particularly the one you mentioned which portrays such incidents as commonplace in the US of A.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.