Skip to main content

It All Began To Fall Apart - @Studio30Plus Writing Prompt


Dr. Notverynice was quite pleased with himself. After three months of working day and night he was finally putting the finishing touches to his Whambam monster.

He'd used the finest parts, not always easily attainable but necessary, in order to build a top-notch destructive machine. His plans for world domination were falling into place. The creature was the missing link. He laughed to himself at his little joke.

He sat back and imagined Whambam being let loose to run amuck (not the get stuck in kind) among the streets of Pleasantown with citizens screaming in fear and attempting to escape the clutches of Whambam.

Dr. Notverynice had planned very carefully and his constructive efforts had been meticulous, right down to the three hundred mile extension cord need to power Whambam.

He plugged in the cord that would bring the menacing giant to life. The creature stirred. Its eyes slid open. It's arms quivered while its legs rattled.

Dr. Notverynice was thrilled. And with tears in his eyes screamed at his invention "Welcome to our world, my boy. Have I got plans for you."

Whambam sat up, turned and slipped off the table to stand upon the floor. He took three steps forward and slammed into the wall. He stepped back, turned, walked across the room only to slam into the other wall.

And that's when it all began to fall apart.

You see, in his haste to dominate the world with Whambam he had neglected to give the mechanical monster any optical equipment. The creature was blind as a bat.

"Damn" saud Dr. Notverynice. "I didn't see that coming."

Evidently, neither did Whambam.

Comments

nonamedufus said…
Thanks, SAM. It was a monster of a post to write.
Laura Alonso said…
Love the tone of this. It reads like a cool kids' story. Great ending.
nonamedufus said…
Yeah, Dr. Evil was taken so I went with Dr. Notverynice.
Kir said…
LOL! Oh I loved this because tongue in cheek is right up my alley.


Poor WhamBam, no eyes on the prize then? ;)
Tomekha said…
LOL The end made laugh--that little play there. This could be a cool children's comic.
Tara R. said…
I half expected Frau Blücher to appear. *neigh* Very funny stuff.
ReformingGeek said…
GRRRRRR-OOOOO-AAAAA-NNNNN! EYE love it, though.
nonamedufus said…
No I'm afraid he wasn't a very good pupil.
nonamedufus said…
Yeah, I skirted very close to the central characters in that movie. I love this clip...

http://youtu.be/w1FLZPFI3jc
nonamedufus said…
Ref, I think you really need to see a speech therapist. Good luck with that.
Jayne said…
You're so silly... I like that in a person. :) Fun piece, Dufus.
nonamedufus said…
Silly is me, Jayne. You should know by now.
TMW Hickman said…
Haha! You had me giggling at the extension cord!
nonamedufus said…
Dr. Notverynice wasn't the smartest evil character was he.
Stacy Overby said…
I love it. The whole kitsch superhero/bad guy feel to the writing was a perfect touch. I want to know what happens - particularly to poor Whambam.
nonamedufus said…
Well, Stacy, turns out Whambam turned a blind eye to Dr. Notverynice's plans to rule the world.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

Hello Goodbye

Today a bit of a reflective piece. Rather than being funny, this is  about the funny. It's a day of mixed emotion at nonamedufus . You see, after several months of inactivity I've dropped a couple of former blogger buddies off my blog roll. I kept hanging on and hanging on hoping they'd return to active blogging but, alas, after waiting in one case five months I've decided to let them go. I'm going to miss - going to? I have been missing - Margo at the Screaming Me-Me . She was one funny lady. From time to time she and I would engage in a feud or two for several days at a time but it was all in fun both for us and, I think, for our readers. And we'd leave each other funny comments, poking fun at each other. I miss her friendship and our humorous exchanges. The other blogger I'm letting go is Chelle, The Offended Blogger . Chelle was a special lady. In addition to her own blog she created and managed Humor Bloggers Dot Com where humour bloggers like m...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...