Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies/Canada Day
















Comments

I don't get all the Canadian ones. Eh. ;)


But I really liked the Lebron James one. Reminded me of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkqGgTGabWk
nonamedufus said…
That video is hilarious. I guess you have to be Canadian to get the Canadian ones, eh?
Lauren said…
I didn't get all the Canadian ones either. Loved the NBC cartoon.
Quirky Loon said…
Actually, I really like the last Canadian one. It applies to all. And I really liked the Ann Curry one, cuz I had the same thought myself! Please hire me then drop me like a hot potato! And hey, I'll leave for HALF of what you gave Curry.


heh heh
PJHar said…
Happy Canada Day! I was once in Montreal for the Canada Day parade and celebration. I had so much fun!

And the NBC comic is a riot. Somebody can pay me 10M to leave, too. I'd be all for it!
nonamedufus said…
I liked the Lohan drone one, myself.
nonamedufus said…
Oh absolutely, I'd take a job to be fired for $10 million too!
nonamedufus said…
Oh we know how to whoop it up, right across the country. Woo-hoo.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.