Skip to main content

Coldplay

Last night Maryse and I took our semi-regular "let's relive our youth" trek to the Scotiabank Place and took in a Coldplay concert. They were excellent! Preceeded by a forgettable opening act (Stars, who Wikipedia refers to as "a Juno Award nominated Canadian indie pop band") Coldplay squeezed all their hits and some new stuff into about an hour and-a-half.

We had fairly good seats, three rows up in the 200 level to the side of the stage. Not near enough for close-ups but I got some decent pics from my point and shoot camera.

The band began at centre stage, used the aprons at either side of the stage throughout the concert, did a short acoustic set below us on the stage-left apron and -get this - ran to the far end of the arena where they performed two acoustic numbers in front of a level 100 box!

All in all, a highly entertaining evening from Chris Martin and his band mates.





Coldplay's website can be found here and their Wikipedia entry here.

And here's one of my all time Coldplay favourites, "The Scientist" (and a pretty cool video):






Here's a couple of pics from the Citizen photographer (who was obviously a lot closer than I was)



And here's Lynn Saxberg's review of the concert in this morning's Ottawa Citizen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.