Skip to main content

Round Two

I had my blood work done today. Some of it explains how I've been feeling lately. Some of it doesn't.
For instance, it doesn't explain the increasing pain in my right leg that makes it difficult to walk, even with a cane. (The trip from and back to the hospital parking lot was a very difficult walk indeed.) But the doctor thinks it does explain why my feet are cold. (Pretty strange, eh?) The blood work shows that I'm still quite anemic and require another transfusion. This makes for the third transfusion lately, two of them one month after the other.

I'm also back on track for round two of chemo. It starts Thursday this week, for four days, followed by the dexamethasone 4 days on, four off, four on, four off the rest of the month. Here we go again! At least this time I know what to expect (I think). Not sure I'm looking forward to it, though.Boxing and boxers makes for a good analogy, here. I really want to fight this thing.

Guitar: No guitar today
Book: From Beirut to Jerusalem
Music: Bob Dylan and the Band - Before the Flood

Comments

Whitey said…
Good choice of art with Chuvalo. In all his fights, he was never knocked out.
nonamedufus said…
yeah, but boy he sure got beaten, literally - duh

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.