Skip to main content

Pause Ponder And A Precocious Pipsqueak

When I was little and my mom would catch me making faces she'd always say something like "You keep that up and Jack Frost will freeze that face of yours". I don't think this kid's mother passed on the same sage advice.

But leave it to you guys. You had advice.

laughingmom told her:

Hey, that is what I'll look like after numerous botox treatments and two facelifts.



Chris@Knucklehead picked up on her being at a baseball game and threw this zinger:

How Pittsburgh Pirates fans keep themselves entertained so they don't actually have to watch the game.



But Boom Boom who recently fell down and went boom boom and has been laid up for a while wins our little contest by adapting her caption to her thrill of going back to work:

The children at school respond to the news that Boom Boom will be returning to work next week!

Ha, ha, Boom Boom I love it! You be hangin' with the dufus this week for that one. And good luck with the munchkins next week. Don't let them "trip" you up, eh?



Comments

Phillipia said…
Congrats to Boom boom:)
They'll be doing their best to trip me up, I have no doubt. But once I tell them I'm hangin' with Dufus, they're sure to sit up and take notice. I just hope I make it out alive the first day!
nonamedufus said…
Phillipia: He caption was exquisite.
nonamedufus said…
Boom Boom: Congrats this week. And watch out for those little ankle-biters next week. Of course, if you still had the crutches you could beat them off but I guess that's something the school board probably doesn't encourage.
00dozo said…
Congrats to Boom Boom! And congrats to the honourables!

Ha! laughingmom's was really good, too! And Chris', well, that's just cruel - funny, but cruel (just glad it wasn't a Leafs' game).
;-)
I love that picture of the kid on the clothes line. Makes you wonder what his family life was like and where he is today hehe.

Oh wait, was it you?
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: I think that kid's face scared a lot of folks away this week. But what we lacked in quantity we more than made up for in quality.
nonamedufus said…
Chelle: Hey, that's me. Or a reasonable facsimile. My "About Dufus" explains it. Good to have you back on the interwebs, Chelle. It's been a while.
injaynesworld said…
Congrats, Boom Boom... Nice to see you're back and in fighting form.
nonamedufus said…
injaynesworld: It's good to see Boom Boom back on her feet again, literally.
Anonymous said…
Congrats to Boom Boom!

Another successful caption contest bites the booger, erm, I mean dust! hee hee
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: Yeah, that little kids' a double picker-flicker, for sure.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.