Skip to main content

Tell Me



I remember seeing this on Red Skelton's TV show in 1964! Red Skelton and The Rolling Stones are an odd pairing but Tell Me (You're Coming Back To Me) is a fine example of the bluesy music the Stones were doing at the time. This is my favourite period of the Stones, the early years prior to Brian Jones' death in 1969.

Comments

Unknown said…
The stones soo Rock !!!! But I wasn't born yet, then..
nonamedufus said…
Dani: Ya don't know what you're missing.
HumorSmith said…
I was and I agree 100%. Early Stones are unbeatable. I do like the new stuff, but everything was so fresh then.

Do you have the singles collection? Hooyah!
Trukindog said…
That wasn't Red Skelton that was Clem Cadidlehopper!

Most definitely The Stones best period!
nonamedufus said…
HS: Forty Licks? Yeah, and bought first 7 albums on remastered CD - great!

Trukindog: I stand corrected - it was his alter ego (one of them). Thanks for lookin'in. Hope you come back for more.
nonamedufus said…
HS: Forty Licks? Yeah, and bought first 7 albums on remastered CD - great!

Trukindog: I stand corrected - it was his alter ego (one of them). Thanks for lookin'in. Hope you come back for more.
nonamedufus said…
Dani: Ya don't know what you're missing.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.